Join Frazier Financial Advisors to support our growing team! Before the details, what we're really looking for is someone who cares a ton about serving people (we call this high "give a shit"), cares about working hard for their teammates, and doesn't take life too seriously to laugh at dad jokes at lunch. Our firm has grown 3x in the past 5 years, and we need more advisors to keep up with our pace of awesome referrals.
Our firm culture is client-service centric, entrepreneurial, fun and collaborative. We embrace change and evolution, and our team is highly adaptable to quick pivots. Our passion is simplifying our clients’ lives and helping them make smart financial decisions. Our most unique quality as a firm is providing “one stop shop” financial advice. We combine tax preparation, investment management, advanced financial planning and insurance planning all within one firm. We are a tight knit team with a huge snack drawer, office dogs, and flexible schedules to make it to all of life's crucial moments.
Frazier Financial Advisors has been serving individuals with their investment and tax needs for over 25 years. Based in Columbus, Ohio, we serve 500+ families across 35 states and manage over $750 million dollars for our clients. Frazier Financial Advisors also prepares over 450 1040/1041/1120 tax returns annually for clients.
We are seeking a licensed Financial Advisor to join our firm. This is a salaried, full-time role and is primarily in the office 9-5 on weekdays. Everyone on our team has complete flexibility to handle your schedule as you choose for personal appointments, illness, family obligations, etc. This role will work alongside our existing 3 Client Service Assistants, 6 Primary Advisors (client facing Financial Advisors), our Portfolio Manager and the CPAs & EAs on our tax team.
One of our CSAs Annalisa recently described everyone on this team as fun-natured, kind and hard working. If that is you, read on...
Our Firm Values are:
o Servants of our clients, friends and colleagues
o Stewards of our client’s dreams
o Sincere professionals in all we do
o Care and kindness
o Our diligent work
o Doing what is right
o Accept challenges with a positive attitude
o Work as one team
o Positively impact lives
To be successful, the ideal candidate will have:
- A desire to over-deliver and strive for excellence
- High integrity
- Enjoys a fast pace environment
- Ability to work with high-level professionals (Attorneys, CPAs, etc.)
- Impeccable follow through
- Attention to details
- Technologically adept
- Self driven, flexible, and comfortable without structure
This opportunity is for you if:
- You want to play a critical role as a highly regarded team member in a rapidly growing organization
- You want to learn from an experienced team of advisors who are obsessed with learning everything
- You believe entrepreneurs are the lifeblood of the American economy and you are energized by their creativity, drive, and passion
- You believe in the value of real comprehensive planning
- You are a doer rather than a BS'er
- You want to deliver amazing value to your clients and blow their mind
- You are relentless and will stop at nothing to win
- You are endlessly curious
- You hunt down answers when you don't know
This opportunity is NOT for you if:
- You want to build a book of business on your own - we are an ensemble practice and don't compete
- You want to spend considerable time researching the market and making investment allocation changes (investment management is <10% of this job)
- You don't like dogs
- You do not have high follow-through, good project management skills, and a propensity to take action
- You are not intellectually curious and do not have a desire to constantly learn and improve
- You want a basic 9-5
- You are not entrepreneurial
- You want to work remotely and aren’t energized by your co-workers (and co-working dogs)
- You are not energized by awesome people around you
About the Position
As a Financial Advisor, you will work alongside a Partner Advisor and CSA as part of a team serving individuals, families, and business owner clients. The nature of our fiduciary relationship means that you will be engaged in meaningful planning involving a diverse set of responsibilities and will have the opportunity to make a real impact on personal and business financial outcomes. You will have direct ownership over 50+ client relationships within 6 months, and also work with Partner Advisors on other relationships collaboratively.
This role will serve as a relationship manager for an existing group of clients and will work alongside the Lead and/or Partner Advisor to provide advice and guidance to clients. You will be expected to follow through consistently in all efforts, build relationships with prospects and clients, and help prepare for client appointments.
Other daily, weekly, and/or monthly tasks may include:
- Interact professionally with clients by phone and/or in person to update the client’s profile and financial situation/needs
- Execute complex financial planning with your clients, i.e. back-door ROTH IRAs, QCDs, RMDs, Concentrated Stock planning, creating and managing MoneyGuide Pro plans, cash flow planning, 401k contributions elections, selecting Investment Allocations within our internal models, managing small business retirement plans, etc.
- Complete service requests, resolve client issues and keep SalesForce CRM updated by entering detailed notes
- Review existing Annuity, Life, Long Term Care and/or Disability insurance policies to determine if they still meet client needs
- Grow revenue within your client group towards overall company revenue goals
- Prepare for upcoming client appointments
- Assist with New Business processing & review documents prior to submission
- Additional tasks as assigned by management
- Field inbound referrals from existing clients and friends of the firm
- Bachelor’s degree, potentially in finance, economics, or accounting
- 1+ years of client facing Financial Advisor experience, owning your own relationships. This is not entry level.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of financial services experience
- CFP® or enrolled in the program with completion in first 2 years required
- Tax planning or preparation experience is a big plus
- Must reside in the central Ohio area, this is a 95%+ in person role. Our team collaborates IRL often.
- Series 65 or pass that exam in first 6 months. Series 6 or 7 is a bonus, not required.
- Strong experience with MS Office and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills both in person and via phone
- Proactive mentality, positive attitude and consistent follow through
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with good time management and critical thinking skills
- You must be obsessed with doing great work for your clients
Additional helpful skills:
- Experience with SalesForce CRM software
- Experience with MoneyGuidePro or similar software
- Experience with Holistiplan or similar tax-planning software
- 2+ years working in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience with Tamarac or Envestnet software suites
Compensation for this role is $75,000 -$110,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications. The low end of that range is someone still working on a CFP, and needing FINRA credentials, with 1 or 2 years experience. The high end of that range is full fledged CFP, with 2+ years of experience and a history of delivering results to clients. The top end of that range is achievable within 2 or 3 years for anyone starting in this role. Additionally, the firm offers a generous benefits package that includes, among other benefits, fully subsidized healthcare coverage for employees, guaranteed-issue employer-paid Long-Term Disability, 12 weeks of paid Maternity Leave, and a 401(k)-matching program.
Guaranteed interview if you email/message Brian Houts your favorite Firm Value from this post.
Frazier Financial Benefits:
- Flexible working environment and flexible schedule for work/life harmony
- Employer-paid Health Insurance premiums for employee
- 50% of dependent Health Insurance premiums are employer-paid
- optional employee-paid group Dental & Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) available
- Employer-paid Long-Term Disability (LTD) after 1 year
- 18+ days PTO minimum
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 401(k) with instant enrollment for deferrals and 5% match after year 1
- paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- paid training/continuing education for various industry licenses
- Incentive Bonus Program after 12 months, based on firm top line revenue growth and personal goals.
- Bonus starts at 4% of pay and can grow over 20% over time.
- Free team lunches – we often bring in food or go out as a team to the many restaurants on Lane Avenue
Contact: Brian Houts