Client Service Associate
NorthAvenue Financial Advocates
Who We Are
Integrity. Respect. Open communication. Keeping commitments. These are the core values of NorthAvenue Financial Advocates. We are a forward-thinking, client-focused, socially conscious, women-owned financial planning firm providing all-inclusive services for a flat fee. Based in Clintonville (Columbus), OH we serve about 100 families nationwide.
Led by our founder, Kristen Moosmiller, who was named to the Investment News’ 40 under 40 in 2016 and currently serves on the NAPFA national board of directors (involved with DE&I and Women’s Initiative), we are a passionate and compassionate team with over 25 years of combined fee-only financial planning experience. We are an organization that believes in giving back to our community and have donated annually to causes such as the Women’s Fund of Central Ohio and the Ohio Environmental Council.
Our team is collaborative and celebrates diverse perspectives, individuals, and ideas. Our one-stop-shop model provides holistic financial planning, investment management, and tax planning and preparation for a transparent fee. We see this as the perfect way to meet the varied needs of our clients and set us apart within the industry. We strive to serve our clients by helping them achieve their financial objectives by providing stellar client service.
We are hard-working, motivated, and go above and beyond to meet the needs of our growing client base. We are a part of the less than 5% of women-owned businesses generating over $1M in revenue and our goal is to continue growing. We can’t do it alone and are excited to welcome a Client Service Associate to our team!
Who You Are
You share our core values and are excited to work with a woman-led team looking to change the financial planning industry by disrupting long-standing biases about the typical financial advisor. You aspire to focus your time on providing comprehensive financial planning, supported by a team of investment professionals, so you can focus on your top priority: putting the client’s best interest first. You are thrilled by the opportunity to work in an environment where you are not expected to actively generate new prospects and the company stability is not subject to market fluctuations.
You are seeking an environment where you can work directly with a successful management team that will provide you with one-on-one mentoring.
You are an affable person who will enjoy helping an appreciative client base and can prioritize tasks and communicate issues effectively to team members. You like to handle various tasks day-to-day and feel a sense of pride in a job well done.
The Client Service Associate (CSA) provides operational support to the advising team. The CSA is an essential member of the new client team, onboarding clients to the various NorthAvenue Client Portals and assisting them with ongoing maintenance of their net worth and investment data. They also serve as a liaison that facilitates the relationship between the client and the custodian, ensuring all required forms, documents, and other client-specific requests are prepared and processed in a timely manner.
The needs of our clients are varied. Accordingly, opportunities to learn about a broad range of planning topics will be plentiful.
An ideal Client Service Associate candidate thrives in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced office, finds pride in taking charge of their responsibilities, looks for innovative ways to efficiently manage client service, and seeks clarity and understanding through proactive communication. Working with clients, custodians, and other team members, the CSA is calm under pressure and maintains a willing and intuitive attitude with all staff members. The CSA is ready to help out where needed.
- Onboard and train new and existing clients on various NorthAvenue client portals (eMoney, ByAllAccounts, and Tamarac). Including assistance through video conferencing / screen-sharing software to help clients aggregate accounts outside of our custodians.
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance of client portal data that is not directly feeding on our custodians, keeping client net worth and investment data accurate as they provide us with updates.
- Monitor client connections to outside accounts and assist them with troubleshooting any issues.
- Create and process various custodial paperwork, such as opening and transferring accounts, initiating client money requests, and various account maintenance, with a particular focus on working with new clients.
- Manage client appointment calendar and schedule client meetings for all Senior & Lead Advisors.
- Request specific documents from clients that are necessary to prepare an adequate financial planning analysis of a client’s situation in advance of their scheduled meeting.
- Coordinate with outside professionals, as necessary, to implement the client's plan.
- In conjunction with the Analyst, thoroughly prepare client estate and insurance trackers in advance of each scheduled client meeting. Keep these materials up-to-date outside client meetings as information changes.
- Serve as a true team player who is willing to help out with ad hoc items in the office.
- Cross-train with other team members.
- Analytical Skills.
- Business or Job Specific Knowledge. Familiarity with tax planning, investments, estate planning, insurance, retirement, and education planning.
- Interpersonal Communications.
- Effective and proactive written and verbal communication,
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and courteous conduct at all times.
- Detail-Oriented/Quality Focus.
- Organization and Time-Management Skills.
- Leadership Skills.
- Prior experience (1+ years, internships included) in the Financial Services industry, preferably with a broker-dealer, a mutual fund company, or a registered investment advisor. Experience in a similar role in another professional field will be strongly considered if the candidate is an excellent fit, and has started CFP® education materials.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- TD Ameritrade, Schwab, Redtail CRM, eMoney, Tamarac, and ByAllAccounts experience is a plus!
- Part-time presence in the Clintonville (Columbus), OH office to meet with clients and prospects.
- Able to work full-time.
- 100% commitment to company values.
- Hybrid office/virtual working model.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure that is tied to company gross revenue.
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer contribution.
- $300/month ‘stipend’ added to salary to personally purchase benefits as desired.
- Company-paid CFP® review materials, test expenses, annual designation fees, continuing education, and one conference and travel each year.
- All expenses paid for the annual company retreat.
- Personal tax preparation annually.
- Financial Tune-Up by internal advisor annually.
- Three weeks of paid vacation in addition to common holidays.
- Tight-knit team where your personal input will be valued.
Apply here: https://www.northavenuefa.com/join-our-team